Wednesday, October 1, 2008

One more thought...

After reading Kasey's blog post from Oct. 1, I had another thought. I'm wondering if the media is allowed to basically have a field day with McCain and Palin (moreso Palin) because the climate is right for it. If McCain and Palin were leading in the polls (I don't know how...but theoretically) would the press still be allowed to grill Palin like they have been doing? Would they be allowed to be saying, or doing what they are doing? I feel like this was the same with Bush. At first, after 9/11 and all people generally liked the guy, and now I've even seen some label him as the "worst President in history."
Shouldn't we be allowed to say what we feel even if the climate isn't right for it?

1 comment:

chysey said...

I think sometimes the Media and the American people go hand in hand. And what I mean by that is they generally react to another. If the American people are rallying against someone or thing, the media is there to tell why. And is the media breaks a story that is shocking, the Americans react. The two are often inseparable.