Friday, October 3, 2008

The Debate

Since I wasn't able to watch the debate las tnight, I jumped on NYTimes to watch it, which was helpful since they had the transcript on the side. Here is the link if you want to watch it. I think that although Palin talked better and more confidently than she has in the past interviews, she didn't really answer any of the questoins directly, she kind of went off of what she knew to fill in the blanks in some cases. I was very happy to see Biden in this debate, since like before I said I haven't seen or heard a lot about him because of Palin. I believe he is a fantastic speaker, very confident and you can tell from the answers he gave that he has the EXPERIENCE and knowledge needed to help our country. When you watch the debate and read the transcript, you can easily compare the answers that Palin gave versus Biden. I thought, in fact, Palin was very unprofessional at times: with answers refering to "Joe Six Pack" and other "hockey moms." Ummm...you're not at a PTA meeting Palin. She also completely dodged one question and said: "I might not be answering the question you want me to Gwen, or you Biden, but I'd like to tell you about myself as mayor and governor of Alaska." Especially important is the fact that Palin, when asked to respond to an "attack" Biden made on McCain, Palin said: "no, it's not true, but let me go back to energy, and my experience with that." Hmmm...avoidance? She was trying to sell herself to us over again since she blew it so far. I hope people won't be blinded once again by her glazed over answers.

Most news sources I read said the same thing: Palin didn't crash and burn, but she also didn't give as convincing a debate as Biden did. Such says this article in The Nation. And Washington Post.

Lastly, I think Palin's beliefs on drilling and renewable energy, and climate change, need to be checked and brought to attention by the media which I didn't see a lot of in the articles I read. This is a huge problem that faces our world, not just the nation, and I think she is seriously misled about it.

No comments: