Friday, November 7, 2008

Skepticism

Before the election, it seemed that all the media and everyone felt that Obama was ready to bring the necessary change: they were confident! Now, as I've seen on MSNBC and some other recent articles, there are questions of whether or not Obama can do it. For instance, while I was watching Olberman last night, I saw an advertisement for an upcoming Maddow show where she will be interviewing someone (sorry, I forgot the person) about whether or not Obama will really do what he says he is going to do. Then theres this article from NPR: Can Obama Make Good on Promises About War? Even The Nation runs this article (Obama's Dissapointing First Choice) about Obama's pick of Rahm Emanuel--they aren't sure he was the right person to pick for Chief of Staff.
I wonder if they are trying to somewhat downplay their clear support of one candidate over the other?

Just for fun: Check out these political cartoons posted on MSNBC (scroll down they are on the right! I couldnt copy the link since it was a slideshow!)

1 comment:

KC said...

In a way, I think the media is at a loss as to what exactly they/ it should be covering this week. They're watching his every move like hawks because Palin stories are starting to wear thin and no one is interested in McCain anymore. I agree that his first choice came with undue criticism that seemed out of place. But, now, it's safe to report on him being human and to look at his decisions through a different lens.