Monday, November 3, 2008

The Boss!

I had to post this article, not only because it involves one of my absolute favorite singers, but because it is a very inspirational article too! Bruce Springsteen spoke at the final Democratic rally in Ohio, telling his audience and millions of Americans on TV that we are at the crossroads!
This also feeds into our earlier discussions about celebrities endorsing certain candidates, and I think this year above all other years we have had a tremendous increase in the amount of celebrities and famous people who have endorsed a candidate (correct me if I'm wrong...)
I think that says a lot about the concern that Americans have at the way the country has been "run" (more like demolished) for the past 8 years. We are at "the crossroads" (as Springsteen says) and we need to come together as a nation to choose the person who will hopefully lead us back down the road that is truly what the U.S. stands for.

I think it's a fine thing that artists can use their music and their celebrity to inspire and change. We all can't be up on there on the stage, so thankfully there are people like Springsteen who can speak for us.

No comments: