Monday, December 1, 2008

Jindal

"I want to be the best governor I can be for the people of Louisiana. Look, I think the American people are tired of campaigns and politics. We need to get behind our new president and our new Congress, support them, and stop being Democrats and Republicans. We need to work together to make sure our government is successful."

I thought this quote by Jindal was pretting interesting--that we should stop being democrats and republicans and come together. I completely agree, but I don't think anyone can completely just stop being who they are politically--but maybe we can keep more of an open mind.

As far as 2012 goes--if he is interested in the presidency he's getting a head start for sure. It's funny that Obama hasn't even been sworn in yet, and we are already having media coverage of who will be running in 2012. How about just focusing on the now and how Obama is going to solve our problems. And I think the "next Obama" is cheesy...I mean, yes perhaps they look similar, share the youthful factor, but as far as that goes I don't think they should be comparing them (yet.)

No comments: